Hospital Nové Město na Moravě, contributory organization
Hospital in Nové Město na Moravě provides complete health services for the regions of Žďár nad Sázavou, Nové Město na Moravě, Bystřice nad Pernštejnem, the part of Velké Meziříčí and its surroundings.
The Hospital provides services to almost a quarter of a million patients annually, hospitalizing 20,000 patients, nearly one thousand newborn babies are born in our maternity hospital every year.
We have been providing health care for 80 years.
The base stone of the Hospital was laid on 21st August 1938. The operation of outpatient departments was initiated on 15th November 1940, the partial operation with the admission of patients began on 1st December 1940.
The newly opened hospital facility in Nové Město na Moravě belonged to the
most modern equipped facilities of that era in Moravia.
The Hospital as a separate legal entity was established on the basis of the decision of the District Institute of National Healthcare with effect from 1st January 1992 as a state contributory organization. Its previous title was Hospital with Outpatient Clinic in Nové Město na Moravě. The title was altered to District Hospital in Nové Město na Moravě since 1st May 1993.
Since 1st January 2003 the ownership of the Hospital has been transferred to
the organizer´s scope of the Vysočina Region. Based on the new Memorandum with
effect from 31st March 2003, the title has been changed to "Hospital Nové Město
na Moravě, contributory organization". The organization is established for an
indefinite period, its Statutory Body is the Director who is appointed and
dismissed by the Council of the Vysočina Region.
155 Rescue squad
566 801 850 Emergency
566 801 203 Reception in hospital
Information for Patients:
Patients who exploit the Emergency Service of our Hospital will pay a fee of 90 CZK.
(working days 3.00 p.m. – 8.00 p.m., weekends and public holidays 9.00 a.m. – 8.00 p.m. – you will be treated at the Emergency Admission Area in the Surgery Department Pavilion)
Outpatient Departments of Hospital Emergency Services are available outside the period referred to above.
Prior to Hospital Admission
What should you take to the Hospital?
• A letter of referral with admission recommendation written by the General Practitioner (GP) or the Specialist and the results of your examinations
• Identity Card (ID), Health Insurance Card
• Cards of other diseases: a card of a diabetic, a card of the patient on Warfarin medication
• Name or address of your General Practitioner (GP)
• Contact address and a phone number of your closest family member
• Medicines that you regularly take, including insulin, inhalers, etc. Do not carry the medication in the dispenser with you, take the whole medicine boxes.
• Compensation aids you use (glasses, stick, hearing aid, dental prosthesis)
• Certificate of incapacity to work (if it was drawn up)
• Hygienic needs (liquid soap or shower gel, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, comb, facecloth, towels, toilet paper, tissues, skin cream or lotion, sanitary towels for women or diaper covers).
• Pyjamas/night shirt, dressing gown, socks, etc.
• Slippers, preferably with a light sole, clean, washable and firm
In case of acute hospitalization, ask your close family to bring these necessities to the Hospital!
Visiting hours are from 2 p.m. until 5 p.m. every day.
However, in consultation with the Hospital staff, visiting hours may be outside of these hours.
Visiting hours at the Department of Infectious Diseases are from 2 p.m. until 5 p.m. daily.
Accompanying children under 6 years of age is free of charge. Accompanying persons of children over 6 years of age will reimburse all the expenses for hospitalization, amounting to 200 CZK/day.
All the hospital clients and visitors have the opportunity to use free Internet access:
1. Using your own mobile devices
- via a readily accessible wireless network "hotspot"
- the provided connection is governed by the rules of the ROWANet-Free Network (see www.rowanet.cz ), which is operated by the Vysočina Region.
Due to the limited parking capacities in the Hospital area, private cars are only allowed for immediate boarding and alighting of patients whose health condition does not allow the distance from the car park to be exceeded – near the Hospital there are two car parks for 50 and 120 motor vehicles.
The first 30 minutes of parking in the Hospital area is free of charge and every commenced hour after the free limit is 20 CZK. This payment is paid at the cash desk before leaving the Hospital in the lower part of the Hospital area.
A permanent spiritual service operates in the Hospital Nové Město na Moravě. This service can be used by hospital patients and those close to them (family members) and Hospital staff.
Pastoral Care Worker
RNDr. Mgr. Vojtěch Hrouda, Ph.D.
732 228 001 (mobile phone)
566 801 671 (Hospital Nové Město na Moravě, contributory organization)
We shall provide information in English, German and Russian.
We cooperate externally with interpreters of other languages